SAP Puts a Bullseye on Salesforce.com
TAKE NOTE (Insights into Emerging Technology)
- “With Hybris, we got omnichannel e-commerce.”
- “We have our own SFA and marketing that we have developed organically.”
- “We tucked in Gigya [a recent acquisition] so we would have the customer profile and the GDPR requirements of that customer under control in an omnichannel e-commerce world.”
- “And recently, we announced Callidus because we want to own the lead-to-cash process. So we’re deep now into the psyche of the sales professional because we’re in their pipeline.”
- “We’re now into how they configure price and quote a service or product—and that also ties to how they get compensated on that sale….. We use it ourselves to run SAP. It’s a nice tuck-in, and it’s going to present enormous challenges for our competition.”
DIG DEEPER What does SAP mean by 360-degree focus on the customer?
UNDER DEVELOPMENT (Insights into Emerging Technology)
Building your First Appian Quick App
Last month we took a high-level view of the Appian intelligent BPM (iBPM) platform. We saw that Appian iBPM Solutions remain the best-in-class primarily due to its focus on the business user by enabling them to improve business decisions. The Appian Platform is designed to make it easy to build robust enterprise applications with a combination of low-code development and business process management (iBPM) tools. So let’s build our first Appian Application together…
You can register for a free trial. Appian will not accept non-business emails for the trial, so you will need to use your work email. If Appian does not accept your credentials, then you can try again or contact customer support for a download key.
Appian will send you a verification email. After you verify your email address, Appian will email you a username, a one-time link to the free trial, and a temporary password. The link expires after one week. Click on the link, enter your information, and you will arrive at the Appian Platform Home Page. Go ahead and sign in..
Q&A (Post your questions and get the answers you need)